Discipleship Training Relationship (DTR)
The DTR is designed to encourage students (church members) in personal character development by cultivating a living relationship with God and identifying their unique individual gifts and callings in God. This is accomplished through a disciplined lifestyle, biblical relationship, and preparation to reach current and future generations by going “into all the world and make disciples of all the nations” (Matt 28:18-20).
The Goals of DTR:
- To equip students to grow in a relationship with God, providing a solid Biblical foundation and encouraging the development of Christ-like character through the personal application of truth.
- To prepare the students to disciple others (families, friends, new believers) more effectively.
- To prepare the students for service in their local church and the local community.
Benefits of DTR:
- Obeying the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20)
- Assurance of Salvation (John 3:16)
- Able to understand true identity in Christ.
- Able to have a deeper relationship with God
- Able to stand strong in difficult times
- Able to fight the enemy with the sound doctrine of truth
- Able to strengthen your gifts
- Able to disciple others
- Lifelong spiritual disciplines to grow continually in the Lord
- Greater understanding of your personal calling in your life
- What is DTR?
- Abba Father: God is our heavenly Father
- Bible Meditation: Living the truth (key spiritual discipline)
- Kingdom Mindset: Reaching the Lost
- Kingdom Mindset: Sharing Your Testimony
- What is Prayer: Intercession Prayer (key spiritual discipline)
- The Case for the Bible: Evidence of the Bible
- How to study the Bible: Inductive Study
- Spiritual Gift: Know your primary gift
- Justification: Assurance of Salvation
- What is Church? Family of God
- Spiritual Warfare: Who are your enemy and spiritual worldview
- Spiritual Warfare: Armor of God
- Making Disciples: Lead Yourself
- Making Disciples: Lead Your Student
Take the GREATER call and IMPACT the people around you!