Discipleship Training Relationship (DTR)
The DTR is designed to encourage students (church members) in personal character development by cultivating a living relationship with God and identifying their unique individual gifts and callings in God. This is accomplished through a disciplined lifestyle, biblical relationship, and preparation to reach current and future generations by going “into all the world and make disciples of all the nations” (Matt 28:18-20).
The Goals of DTR:
- To equip students to grow in a relationship with God, providing a solid Biblical foundation and encouraging the development of Christ-like character through the personal application of truth.
- To prepare the students to disciple others (families, friends, new believers) more effectively.
- To prepare the students for service in their local church and the local community.
Benefits of DTR:
- Obeying the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20)
- Assurance of Salvation (John 3:16)
- Able to understand true identity in Christ.
- Able to have a deeper relationship with God
- Able to stand strong in difficult times
- Able to fight the enemy with the sound doctrine of truth
- Able to strengthen your gifts
- Able to disciple others
- Lifelong spiritual disciplines to grow continually in the Lord
- Greater understanding of your personal calling in your life
- What is DTR?
- Abba Father: God is our heavenly Father
- Bible Meditation: Living the truth (key spiritual discipline)
- Kingdom Mindset: Reaching the Lost
- Kingdom Mindset: Sharing Your Testimony
- What is Prayer: Intercession Prayer (key spiritual discipline)
- The Case for the Bible: Evidence of the Bible
- How to study the Bible: Inductive Study
- Spiritual Gift: Know your primary gift
- Justification: Assurance of Salvation
- What is Church? Family of God
- Spiritual Warfare: Who are your enemy and spiritual worldview
- Spiritual Warfare: Armor of God
- Making Disciples: Lead Yourself
- Making Disciples: Lead Your Student
Take the GREATER call and IMPACT the people around you!
“We are grateful for what we have learned throughout the course and there are several advantages we could get as we took the course as a couple. Firstly, we could grow in faith as a couple. The course made us encourage each other to live a religiously good life and have good habits. By doing HWs and memorizing bible verses we shared a lot of quality time that we rarely had had before. Also, Observing one growing in God’s word gives a positive motivation to the other. Moreover, we have become pray more frequently for a spouse as we share our prayer's request and hardships during the class. Not to mention it is time-saving to do it together if both of you are planning to take DTR.”
“부부가 함께 받으므로 좋은 점은 첫째로 부부가 함께 영적으로 성장할 수 있다는 것입니다. 서로가 신앙적으로 더 좋은 습관을 가지고 생활하도록 격려할 수 있고, 간간히 나오는 과제들과 성경 암송 등 부부가 같이 뜻깊은 활동을 하는 시간이 늘어납니다. 상대방이 영적으로 성장하는 것으로 보면서 긍정적인 영향을 받습니다. 또한, 과정 속에서 자신의 신앙적인 어려움과 기도제목을 깊이 나누게되고, 서로를 위해 기도하는 시간이 많아집니다. 부부가 함께 과정에 참여하면서 수업시간에 웃을 일이 더 많이 있었던 것 같습니다. 각자 과정에 참여하는 것 보다 같이 참여하면 시간도 아낄 수 있구요.”